A great variation on the forward lunge that will help hit additional small muscle groups.
This is performed in a very similar way to a standard lunge.
- Stand with your feet hip width apart. Place your hands on your hips.
- Step backwards with one leg, lowering down on the other until your knee touches (or almost touches) the floor. Your front foot should be directly below your knee.
- Push back off of your back foot and raise up to your initial position. This is one rep.
- Repeat with the other leg.
Rear Deltoid Rotations
This exercise is great for working the back of your shoulders and your sides.
- Start with a dumbbell in each hand and hold them out to your sides whilst keeping your elbows in close to your sides.
- Tense the back of your shoulders. Rotate the dumbbells outwards whilst keeping your elbows near your sides.
- Slowly bring the dumbbells back in front of you until they touch. This is one rep.